Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Alert Employee Douses Fire in Local Laundromat
A worker shoveled up burned laundry from in front of Coyne’s Laundromat at Danforth and High Street on Sunday, March 19th.

A fire which started in a dryer in the rear of the Laundromat was quickly extinguished by an employee using a fire extinguisher before she called the Portland Fire Department.

Two dryer units, valued at $12,500 each, were destroyed by the blaze, which filled the laundromat and the adjoining building hallway with smoke. The laundromat was cleaned up and reopened the next day.


Post a Comment

<< Home